Hi readers! thanks for reading Saturday 9. Hope you join along. I enjoy reading your answers.
Ode to Billie Joe (1967)
If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.
1) This song takes places on "the third of June," which is described as "another sleepy, dusty" day. Describe the weather where you were onFriday, June 3, 2016.---It was sunny :)
2) In this song, the family sits down to eat and discuss the doings of their friends and neighbors. Mama, Papa, Brother and Sister were at the table. Who did you have dinner with on Friday?--my mom, dad, brother, and little one year old cousin.
3) Young Billie Joe MacAllister playfully put a frog down another kid's back. Do you see many frogs where you live?--not too many. they pop up every now and then.
4) This song made Mississippi's Tallahatchie Bridge famous. What's the name of a bridge in your neighborhood?--the 3 mile bridge.
5) Bobbie Gentry often performed with Glen Campbell. Mr. Campbell's family is very open about Glen's battle with Alzheimer's. Is anyone in your life facing this terrible disease?--not that I am aware of, however Cancer runs in my family on my father's side.
6) "Ode to Billie Joe" was made into a movie directed by Max Baer, Jr. Mr. Baer is better known for playing Jethro Bodine in a famous 1960s era sitcom. Can you name it?---I was born in 1984, so I do not know this one :( Help me out!
7) Bobbie Gentry made one of her last public appearances in 1981 onThe Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. Johnny is now seen in reruns on the Antenna TV channel. Think of the last TV show you watched. Was it new or was it a rerun?--Empire and Law and Order SVU and both were current. I do enjoy the LAOSVU marathons.
8) In 1967, when this song was popular, Sweden changed its traffic laws and Swedes began driving on the right. Have you ever driven ina foreign country? If so, did you have a hard time adapting to their laws?--luckily I was young in Sicily and could not drive yet, but yes, it was unique and they are fast and the little vespas can move in and out like crazy. also, the hills were something else and most cars were stick shift.
9) Random question: Which would you rather have more of -- compliments or hugs?--compliments, words mean a lot.