Ahhh, sunshine, beaches, football, oranges...yes, I am talking about the state of Florida! I love Florida. I was born and basically raised in Florida. The military always moved us, but somehow we always ended up back in Florida. I have lived in Fort Lauderdale, FL. (place of birth), Orlando, FL., Jacksonville, FL. (my love currently lives in this great city), Tallahassee, FL. (for college), and Pensacola, FL. Here are 10 fun facts about Florida. What are some fun facts about your state? If you are from Florida, what is your favorite fun fact?
2. The capital of Florida is Tallahassee (Go NOLES!!...had so sneak it in here) NOT Miami folks (LOL!)
3. Gatorade was made/developed at the Univ. of Florida (that was for you Gator Fans ;) !)
4. St. Augustine city in Florida is the oldest European settlement in North America
5. Florida is the 4th most populous state in the USA
6. Florida has over 800 miles of beaches.
7. Juan Ponce De Leon was the person who discovered Florida and named it too in 1513.
8. To get to Space...you would leave from Cape Canaveral, Florida.
9. The largest lake in Florida is Lake Okeechobee
10. Super Cool fact here --->There is a bed & breakfast, WildLife on Easy Street, on the outskirts of Tampa that allows you to cuddle with an endangered cat of your choice for just a $100 donation to the refuge. You can choose baby bobcats, cougars, and leopards...if that is your thing!