if it is Sunday...it is Sunday Social! i have really come to like this link up. i just adore having questions and topics picked for me :) link up HERE and tell us the answers to these questions. here are my answers:
1. what was your favorite tv show(s) as a kid?- i liked and still do like Reading Rainbow, Saved By the Bell, Full House, Family Matters, Scooby Doo, and Captain Planet.
2. what is your current favorite tv show?- i LOVE lifetime movies and also all of the "Real Housewives" reality shows.
3. which reality show would you NEVER do?- i would NEVER do the reality show Fear Factor. ugh, terrified of the things that they were/are made to do and eat. no thank you!
4. which reality show would you LOVE to do?- i would love to be on the reality show MTV's The Real World. that always seemed like a fun show and they went to cool places.
5. what tv personality/character do you feel is most like you?- i would have to say it is Sex and the City Character Charlotte York. love her and her optimistic look on life and love.
6. which tv character would you want to date?- it would have to be EJ Dimera from the soap opera Days of our Lives. love his accent and his passion when he is in love and wants something!
ok, there you have it! now on to the July blog challenge day 21- Body Image and the Media
what a good topic. i am happy with my body, but it did take me a while to get there. i used to be 180 pounds and over many years i have lost and kept off 40 pounds. i did it mainly for my health not really to fit into society's view of body image. but it is hard. you always want to be 5 pounds less, have so and so's arms, chest, legs, butt, hair, etc. it is important to realize that you cannot have it. it is not in your gene type and it is ok, you are beautiful. the media has gotten better with body image i think. there are bigger stars out there and commercials and clothing stores are not focusing on all types of shapes and sizes. i really like the Dove products commercials. i also think that now the media is focusing on not really loosing weight and getting fit for the purpose of only being a size 0-2, but more on it is healthy to be fit for your heart health and reducing the risk of disease and complications that is often associated with extra weight. you can be big and healthy just like you can be skinny and not so healthy. it should be about doing your best to stay fit, healthy...for your OWN body type. **what do you think? (thanks Google for the images!)